Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Final Semester Reflection

Brandy Garza Padilla
Engl.102-024W
Personal Reflection
19 September 2010

Albert Einstein once said: “If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it? (1)” Through the course of English 102 class, I have learned not to be intimidated by research, moreover, I relish it.  Reflecting on the work that I have completed this semester, it reveals to me great accomplishment and exposes areas that require additional development. Although I have learned many technical skills in class, the most valued skills have been on a personal level.
Although I have successfully learned how to communicate with the instructor and class mates exclusively through technology, and to give and receive constructive criticism, the most important lesson has been to smash though the chains of  self-centered mundaneness. Through research I have learned how to compile many viewpoints and then construct my own. Encouragement and the push in the right direction have exposed a great desire to stretch and expand my mind to unexplored subjects and viewpoints. Through discovering the rich resources available I have uncovered a deep world of reflection and viewpoints that I have not considered before. Innovative ideas swirl around my mind like a fragrance of spring.  It is awakening to see how vast life is, there is so much more out there than my own little world
The areas that requires additional development are applying what I have learned, and to be receptive to subjects and discussions out of my conventional comfort zone. Through the assignments in this class, I have been given the tools to embark upon the journey ahead of me with an open mind. Ignorance is no longer an excuse to stay bound in the chains of my simple world.




Work Cited
"Albert Einstein." BrainyQuote.com. Xplore Inc, 2010. 2 December. 2010. http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/a/alberteins148837.html
         
         

2 comments:

  1. Brandy,

    It is obvious that you are very passionate about your topic. You did a great job expressing your views using research. I enjoyed reading your blog :).

    Thanks,

    Kayla Isham

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandy-the growth you have shown this semester has inspired me! Thank you for exploring the research project and being open to learning and work. It has been a pleasure having you in class! Don't forget your love of education, and let me know if I can do anything for you!

    Your Happy Instructor,
    Leslie Jewkes

    ReplyDelete